Cori Zarek, Director of the Digital Service Collaborative, and Sonal Shah, Executive Director of the Beeck Center
The Rockefeller Foundation, Code for America, New America, Digital HKS, and the Partnership for Public Service.
Government services touch our lives daily in countless ways. In an effort to improve those interactions and increase public trust, governments around the world are working to reimagine how they provide services in a digital age. However, most governments are not equipped for this new way of working and are seeking support to do so.
The Digital Service Collaborative, with support from The Rockefeller Foundation, is working to provide expert support on delivering better results for society at scale. The Collaborative has five main goals:
- build a body of research around government digital services
- create tangible resources for practitioners
- cultivate the community of digital service leaders in governments to share and scale efforts
- explore policy considerations including ethics and privacy.
- support efforts in the public and private sectors to responsibly share and use data to address some of society’s most challenging issues and to support civic engagement with public institutions
Plan for Success
The Digital Service Collaborative will meet these goals through a distinct set of priority projects including:
- Providing in person and online engagement opportunities between people leading this work so they can share information and resources to learn from one another and work together.
- Exploring ways to professionalize data and digital service delivery career paths, including creating job description templates, compiling training and educational resources, and considering a professional association.
- Creating a resource repository providing templates, guidance, and how-to resources for government professionals working on digital transformation and service delivery.
- Exploring key challenges and opportunities to scale digital service efforts from conceptual and strategic perspectives and publishing white papers, research reports, policy papers, and case studies for policymakers and leaders in government digital transformation.